Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Birth story

worse pain experience ever! haha...

Woke up @ 7am on sat (23Jan) to prepare & ordered my last mac breakfast before leaving home.. when i was there i dread the feeling, felt kinda of scare..

completed e admin paperwork @ 9.30 & was asked to go inside the observation ward for 3hrs.. poor hubby had to stay outside alone
they inserted e 1st prostin into me @ 10am but by 12.30pm i was still only 1cm dilated with NO CONTRACTIONS at all, so how cool does that sounds?

so i was asked to rest in e ward w hubby
hubby say my hospital stay like hotel, got "room service", food menu + inside e menu still got "chef recommendation"

by 5pm i'm tearing each time e contractions comes along
its coming at every 5-10min interval lasting 30-40secs

good timing tough :p the nurse happens to summon me for e 2nd prostin pills at e observation ward
by tt time i was only 1.5 dilate by my cervix were soften already, but e contractions were coming strong & regular

e pain was really bad but i still tried to bear w it
since hubby couldnt go in w me, he went back home to rest & freshen up before coming back @ 11pm

by 7.30 (after e 2nd pill) i seriously couldnt take e pain anymore

p/s: felt sooo lousy leh, 1.5cm only i surrendered to pain relief :(

so i was sent into e delivery suite for e jab @ 8pm & was arranged for my water bag to burst @ 12am (24 Jan)
i was calling hubby to come back immediately (btw! e jus reach homeee only) cos e pain is sooo bad i was tearing & tearing

by 8.15pm i had e jab, i began dozing off in less den 5mins
tt's e side effect, but im glad cos i can rest before pushing

however, e pain relief begins to wear off @ 10.30pm but i'm not allowed for more pain relief cos its coming 12am & i'm gonna opt for epidural once i burst water bag

24 Jan 2010 THE BIG DAY!
@ 12.05am, my water bag was burst (but i don really feel e flow of water coming out leh)
i was 3cm dilated, felt happy leh!

but as they checked e dilation it was soooo painful, i held on to hubby hands & hurt his hands like nobody business w my nails :p

my epidural jab was pre-arranged by my gynae to arrive @ 12.30am
she knowing im in bad shape already becos of e pain

hubby wasnt allowed to stay inside e room, he was actually so curious to know how epidural looks & works
neither did i have e opportunity to look at e epidural jab, rumours to have been really BIG JAB
they actually numb my back area where e epidural gonna be
next injecting e epidural, & i did not even realise it until they told me its over!
it was totally painless :)
from 1am till 8am
hubby & i were slping through-out
with e midwife coming in to check on my drip, ctg, etc
they also did a VE check for me twice & GUESS WHAT ?!
3CM DILATION ONLY !
each time hubby & i heard this we can actually faint.. like after 8hours
(fyi: they actually drip me on this smth tt will helps quicken e dilation process)

finally they realised (from e ctg graph) tt its not right anymore
especially when i hit e peak of my contractions, baby heartbeat went very low
+ 8hrs of no improvement on my dilation

so immediately my gynae was called in
she told me, she gonna do a emergency c-sect for me in order to save baby
although a part of me really scare of c-sect, but im really worried for my baby

suddenly hubby stood beside me, like a pc of wood
reason being?
e midwife, nurses, on-duty doc, anaethestic doc all became very kan-chiong
ask me sign this & tt before e operation
did inject me more medication to numb me

but suddenly my body changed, i was shivering REALLY badly
so they also scare, faster send me into operation theatre

@ 9am my baby is out to meet his daddy & mummy
they cleaned him up & brought him to meet his daddy while my gynae does the cleaning up for me

yeah so tt's sums up my birth story... stay tuned :)
more updates to come along

No comments:

Post a Comment